Thursday 13 May 2010

Norfolk - Northfork

I was filming in Norfolk recently and we spent the night on the north coast next to these huge mudflats by the Sea. It was bloody freezing but beautiful.
We stayed in a little B&B, with all the English chintz that you'd expect.
Behind the house was a boat in a field. It belonged to the couple's son and I thought 'how cool to live in a houseboat in a field' - but apparently, and to my disappointment, it's not a houseboat but just a regular boat he's renovating and no one lives there.



Reminded me though of the crazy 2003 film Northfork (note similarities of name with Norfolk!) Has anyone seen it? I still have no idea what to make of it. I think it probably had amazing potential which it didn't quite meet unfortunately. A modern day Noah's Ark? Maybe that's what the son was really building...



  

   

I like the loneliness in it though, and that's what the Norfolk boat reminded me of. Poetic.

Talking about loneliness, here's 10 words a Twitter friend just used to describe me:

Beautiful, intelligent, sullen, travelled, protective, sculptural, simpatica, graceful, lost, tierna

Tierna is Spanish - Literally, it means "tender" but the connotation is sweet, loveable, innocent, heart-warming, etc.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails